Emma pattern is posted

I finally finished the pattern for Emma!
It has taken me longer than expected, mostly because I kept trying different stitch counts in a few places.  I think I’m happy with it now.
The one place I did change the stitch count was the chains going up to and down from the top clover. Originally – and how I tatted the edging in the picture – the stitch count was 4 ds on each chain.  But, though it looked good when done, it had to be straightened by blocking or it twisted, so I changed them to 6 ds.  I also changed the two rings before and after those chains, making them 3-3 instead of 4-4.  Now when done it lays nice before any blocking.
It looks like I need to change the pictures I used on the patterns.  On screen it looks okay, but when I printed it the colors are so similar it’s a little hard to distinguish.  Maybe it’s just my printer?
So, for those who have expressed interest in tatting Emma, the pattern has been added to the patterns tab.
I have another edging done.  I haven’t even started writing out the pattern yet, but it is an easier one so shouldn’t take long.  Key word: shouldn’t.  We’ll see – if I think I need to make any changes on this one.
“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”
Bruce Lee
brainyquote.com

9 thoughts on “Emma pattern is posted”

  1. This is an exceptional design and has so many possibilities! Round 1 is gorgeous and 'regal', and Round 2 adds a perfect and complementary depth. I can see this on a velvet Christmas stocking, with beads dangling from the 'points'! And your instructions and drawings are top notch! It is so generous of you to 'gift' us with this excellent pattern, which I'm sure will become a favorite! Your energy and talent continue to amaze me!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *