Medallion Cross Bookmark v3© Wanda Salmans 2016
Medallion Cross Bookmark © Wanda SalmansI noticed a bookmark in my Bible that I made several years ago and thought I would make it again. I couldn’t find anywhere that I had written down the pattern so thought I would. Jotted it down on paper and lost it. Re-wrote it. Then tried to diagram it and found my vector program has a problem just after I upgraded to Windows 10. Serif Draw X8 is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10 so maybe it got corrupted during the upgrade. I uninstalled SDX8 and re-installed and still get an error. I tried installing an update but still no luck. I have put my problem on their forum and hope to get an answer. If not it will be direct contact with Serif. I’m used to this program and like it, it’s a real problem to not have it work.
It has been quite a week. Besides the program issue we’ve had some trouble with the Internet so I had trouble posting. We’ve also had a lot of things happening at the house getting ready for a bit of remodeling.
There has been some other distractions as well. You may have heard about the shooting at Excel Industries in Hesston, Kansas. Hesston is just down the road from us. It was quite a shock to have something like this hit so close to home. I don’t personally know any of the people that were shot but people I know do. In such a small community, something like this effects everyone.
It’s wonderful how the entire county has joined together to get through this ordeal and help those who need it.
Do you have any favorite things you give for simple gifts?
“Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.”
Disclaimer: There were no books hurt in the production of this blog post
The only part of the pattern I don’t like is the flower at the top. I’ve read the instructions several times and as far as I can tell it doesn’t tell you how you are supposed to attach it to the chain so I just did what I thought would work and I’m not happy how it came out. I am thinking of cutting it off and doing something else on the end instead. We’ll see.
This has not been blocked and it lays a little wonky, but I think putting it in a book for a little while will tame it without doing anything more to it except make sure it is adjusted correctly right before the book closes.
I think if I make this again it will be with a few changes besides the flower. Making those extra short chains at each corner looks good but it makes a lot of ends to hide!
“Cleaning is just putting stuff in less obvious places”